Next line-up of sponsors for Magento 2 Seminar
Following up on our earlier blog on sponsoring, we are proud to announce that we have even more sponsors lined up for the Magento 2 Seminar of October 21st 2016. This second seminar is proving to be more exciting, more interesting and simply bigger than the previous one of last January. Peek inside!
New round of Silver Sponsors
We already have a great line-up of sponsors - Zend, New Relic, Varnish, Elgentos, Skyberate, Byte and MediaCT - for our Magento 2 Seminar but this line-up has just gotten bigger with the joining in of 4 more partners:
- ShopWorks - a solution partner from Amersfoort, actually very near the unofficial Yireo office, and housing some great expertise on Magento 2 and conversion optimization.
- MultiSafePay - there are dozens of payment providers in the Netherlands and MultiSafePay is definitely one of the most trustable ones. And they are Magento 2 ready.
- Vicus - a solution provider from Amersfoort, focusing on the integration of Magento with CRMs like vTiger and King. We had the pleasure of providing a few trainings in their office, and we are happy to have them as sponsor.
- GJ-R - a solution provider from Tilburg, hopefully hosting a MUG Brabant in December :) and focusing on Magento and Joomla e-commerce solutions.
Slow progress with Magento 2
Our Magento 2 Seminar is obviously about the major version 2 of Magento that came out in November. However, that being said, there is much more to focus on than just a new platform: Magento 2 is here, but we have been talking to our partners and friends a lot about how it fits in into the current ecosystem: Slowly but surely, progress is made.
There seem to be various reasons for things to go slow: One major downside of the Magento 2 market is that there still not enough Magento 2 extensions: We take that point personally, because we are still lagging with our own extension migration (and working on it these weeks!). Another point is that some tasks are too difficult for merchants (using composer, CLI tasks) or developers (DI overrides, UIComponents).
A seminar on ...?
This makes it evident what should be on the agenda of Magento 2 Seminar:
- Promoting the extensions that are already present under Magento 2
- Bundeling our voices when requesting Magento 2 extension migrations
- Learning merchants how to practically deal with composer and the Marketplace
- Educating developers on the DI overrides, UIcomponents and other technology
It will be covered! And there will be more! I'm sure this will get you excited to get your Early Bird ticket for the seminar of October 21st 2016. See you there!